Massdrop has a rigorous and thorough vendor fulfillment process to ensure that each drop ships on or before the estimated shipping date. There are occasions where, despite our best efforts, unforeseen issues arise that can result in a drop being partially or fully canceled. Such issues may include the following:
- Inventory was improperly set aside for the entire drop or for select options, and the vendor is unable to provide more units in a timely manner.
- Due to a worse-than-anticipated production yield rate (the product doesn’t meet quality-control standards), the vendor was unable to deliver all or part of the group's order and can’t provide replacements in a timely manner.
- The estimated ship date provided by the vendor is no longer accurate and the updated ship date is unreasonable.
- Updated restrictions from couriers and customs after the drop ends limited the shipment of the product to certain countries due to it containing hazardous materials.
- Shipping couriers misplaced the bulk order during transit and the vendor can’t replace the units in a timely manner.
If any of these problems occur, our decision to cancel the drop is in the best interest of the community. Affected users will be promptly notified and offered refunds or other options if available.